"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oh, Shut the Front Door.

Thanks, Cass, for that lovely phrase. That's what big sisters are for--to teach the little ones alternative methods of expressing rage. :]

I refuse to speak of school in this post, so don't worry about that. Nothing could prompt me to talk about that infernal place.

Here's my newest dealio:

College mail.

If I get one more letter from Grinnell College [whatever the hell that is] I'm going to light my shoes on fire.

If Evansville, Hope, Knox, Calvin, Eastern, Western, Lake Superior State, Renesselaur, Johns Hopkins, Yale, and the millions of others really think I'm interested in them, wouldn't they have to have some sort of evidence of that interest? A survey I took where I mentioned them, or a phone call? Or anything?

They have nothing. I've never even heard of most of these schools. I have no interest in them whatsoever.

In the past three days, I've gotten so much college mail that the mail barely fits inside the mailbox. I get more letters than the rest of my family combined.

My sisters are totally bogged, too, so much so that I'm considering having a bonfire this weekend just to dispose of some of it. My house is full of this crap.

Disgusting. If I wanted you, I would say so. So go away.

Please.

2 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Colleges send mail to you? My brother never got mail except from the colleges he applied to (which I think numbered two in total). That's crazy though...

Abby said...

It's absolutely ridiculous here. There are so many colleges in the country that they have to adverstise to get applicants.

Pathetic.