"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Can Finally Hear Myself Think!

Ahh... a sweet moment to myself. After running around like an almost-dead chicken for the past too many days, I've come to treasure these precious minutes that are for me, and only me.

Nobody here to ask questions or demand answers. No one to "request a small portion" of my time. No preset committments... Except the date with my pillow, of course, but he's pretty understanding about this kind of thing.

You think I'm exaggerating? You think I just have loads and loads of time on my hands, to sit around and do nothing [or blog, one of the two]?

Here's my schedule... for today and tomorrow only:


Wednesday, November 7, 2007-
Sleep
Wake up earlier than usual [or sleep through your six alarms, either way works]
Key Club meeting 7 am
School, starting at 7:20
--Intense Spanish debate prep and homework, 7:20-8:18
--AP Gov test prep, 8:24-9:20
--Mind-boggling Honors English lecture and assignments, 9:26--10:22
--Lunch [except I barely get to eat, because I'm trying to do my impossible Spanish], 10:28-10:59
--AP Psych lecture [seizure-inducing lights on! lights off! kind of day], 11:05-12:07
--Physics discussion, lecture, and lab homework [nearly slept through this one... hey, not my fault the cold lab tables are comfy], 12:13-1:09
--"Filibustering," Greek alphabet recitation, and pretending-to-work-on-homework session in AC Trig, 1:15-2:11
Taco chips [I splurged] and waiting around the Commons, 2:11-2:30
Senior home with Key Club, 2:30-4
At my dad's for dinner and homework, 4:30-7:30
Dance, 7:30-8:15
Back home to shower
Blogging [hey, look at that!]
Reading Eclipse... again.
Sleep.
Thursday, November 8, 2007-
Wake up early again [probably sleep through my alarms, though]
Spanish Club, 7 am
Repeat school day... Minor change--Freshmen Mentoring during second hour [I get to miss a Gov test!]
Possible Interact Club meeting after school until 4ish [please be a figment of my imagination...]
Hardcore studying for AP Psych and my belated AP Gov test
Other homework mixed in
Shower
More studying
Grey's Anatomy at 9? I doubt I'll have time...
Some more studying
Sleep.


I call this time of year my "rinse and repeat" cycle. I get up, run myself ragged, rinse away the muddled dirt of the day, and repeat it all over again.

Now can you understand why I'm so excited to get five minutes to myself?

No comments: