"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, November 23, 2007

How much longer can this last?

I regret to inform you that I, Abby Morgan, have just entered my FIFTH WEEK of very intense writer's block.

My symptoms are severe: inability to outline events, problems in plot, lack of decent sentence structure, and so much more... It's quite possible that this is a fatal strain.

I sit at my laptop in my bedroom and just stare at the screen. Anything I type gets deleted as soon as I reread it, because it always sucks. I'm going to go crazy if I have to destroy another fifty pages of text.

It's a writer's worst fear, isn't it? To be chock freaking full of ideas and yet unable to write them.

I have, minimally, three books to finish. Possibly four. They've all been started, they've all got at least thirty pages of a good beginning... I want them finished. I want them to be done. I can see the whole plot scrawled across the empty planes of my mind, all of the answers to my poor characters' questions scribbled in tiny print down near the bottom, and yet I can't write.

My very worst nightmare--the inability to write.

I absolutely hate this.

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

Try to just write whatever you can. It doesn't matter if it sucks, you can come back to edit it. Turn off the little red lines that go under misspelled words and just write whatever you can, even if it sucks royally. It might be hard at first, but just keep at it and your writers block might go away.

Even if you despise the last sentence with all your heart, just keep going on. Even if its a page of crap.

Try it :) It worked for me.