"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yes, I Got to Pet a Penguin.

I'm still sick. Same thing as two weeks ago. Yes, that's right--a solid two weeks of incessant coughing while feeling, for the most part, perfectly fine.

Other than the coughing, of course.

It just baffles me.

I didn't have school this week [wonderful!] so I spent most of my time with my sisters and Things 1 and 2 from work. I think I'm going to start referring to the two of them as Chiquita and Querida...just for the record...because that's what I call them in person. The three of us speak Spanish at work together...

It was nice to get out of the house this week. I don't get to do that often. Kailey, Cassie, and Pinks actually spent the night at my house once--something we haven't done in years--and although we crashed long before we used to, it was still a good time.

Yesterday I saw RENT again, this time with Anthony Rapp, a Broadway original cast member. Adam Pascal was supposed to be there too [the Roger that I named my car after] but, of course, he wasn't. Something about a herniated disc... I guess I can forgive him for that.

The day before, I got to play with the penguins at the zoo. It was AMAZING. They're absolutely adorable. One of them, a really fat one named Pudge, was totally attached to me, and although he never let me really pet him [feisty little guy] he sat and "preened" me the entire time. Apparently, he felt a strong urge to "fix my feathers," aka my shirt sleeve, my arm, and my hand. It made him happy, though, so I won't complain. :]

A younger one, a female named Molly, hopped right up on my lap and stared at my face. It was actually kind of intense, like she was attempting to pull thoughts right out of my eyes. They're very intelligent animals, each with their own personality and quirky characteristics. They even had their token crazy penguin--named Mad Dog--who literally skipped his way among the others and didn't fit in with them at all. It was hilarious. :P

So at the moment, I'm content. I would love to never go back to school, but I don't think my mother will let that happen. Three more months...three more months...three more months...

Abby's out.

2 comments:

Pinks said...

Abby you are so skinny and you are beautiful there is no arguing that. You do not see your self the way that everyone else does. You have an amazing personality can make me laugh at any given time. You are with out a doubt one of the smartest girls that I have ever meet and you are 90 times smarter then any guy in are school you are amazing and perfect in every way and I don’t think I would be me with out you. So one last ting I love you and know that you are one of the most talented people alive.

Abby said...

Thanks, Pinks. :] I love you too. Somtimes it's nice to hear things like that...really helps when you're down :]

<33