"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, February 13, 2009

"Don't Tell Me if I'm Dying, 'Cause I Don't Want to Know..."

[Quote from song "Angels on the Moon." Look it up.]

I feel like I have been run over by a large semi, probably carrying Hidden Valley Ranch [because it's my least favorite substance on the planet--so naturally that would be the truck that nails me] and driven by a drunk. I can't stop coughing. It's making me crazy. It's making my family crazy.

And it hurts, damn it. My ribs feel like they're shattering. I can't move too quickly or laugh or sigh or yawn or stretch without feeling like I'm being shanked [yes, shanked].

Why is it always me that gets sick?

On a happier note, I had an amazing day today, other than the whole dying-a-very-slow-death thing. My school does Sonnetgrams for Valentine's Day, and I volunteered this year to be a reader/singer. This would be an excellent time to remind you that I cannot sing at all. So I've never really tried to sing in front of a group of people...much less my peers.

But I did today, and I had a ton of fun. I'm not so bad when I'm with four other people [they counteract my sour notes lol]. I was very proud of myself. Singing for DI is one thing--nobody cares there, we sing all the time and it's never good--but this was different. Even though I was hacking up my left lung, I belted it out, and I felt good.

Oh, and we had donuts in Calc...played literary pictionary in English...did MadLibs in CW...and that was it.

I love the day before holiday breaks. Now I have nine days to relax and get my life back in order.

Hallelujah.




[PS. Happy Friday the 13th, everyone :D ]

No comments: