"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, February 1, 2009

ESP in Overdrive

I have accurately predicted every single event today, and I'm not just bragging. I'm getting good at this stuff.

It's not about magic. It's not even the extrasensory awareness that I've been so blessed [and/or cursed] to possess [e.g. emotions to colors...ring a bell?]. It's just knowing people inside and out...even though I hardly know them personally.

They're all so easy to understand. If I do this, they'll do that. If I push this button, they'll react that way. I can manipulate them all.

And I hate myself for it. I know what I'm doing. I know exactly how to tell a lie, how to express a completely and totally false emotion in place of what I'm really feeling. I'm good at it. But the guilt that accompanies such manipulation of minds is astounding, and painful.

Yes, painful. It hurts me to see how easily people will believe me when I'm in one of my manipulative moods. Just like you feel bad for a defenseless puppy, I pity those upon whom I unleash my strength.

I shouldn't like this so much. I shouldn't really and truly enjoy making predictions and testing them on unknowing/unwilling victims.

But I do. Immensely.

So my apologies, world. I don't mean to push your buttons and make you do what I wish. It's just so much fun...

No comments: