"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Absolutely Thrilling.

This week has been ridiculously long. Every morning so far, I've managed to disable my alarm instead of hitting snooze, so I end up finally awake a half hour later than usual. I've spent the majority of my time at other people's homes--namely Maddy's and Kailey's--because there's been so many projects/plans to do/make.

My creative juices have FINALLY gotten their act together, or so it seems, anyway. The constant poetry on here is a rather vibrant indicator of that, I think. But my novels remain untouched; not because I don't or can't want to work on them, but because I honestly haven't had time.

This afternoon was spent at Maddy's, constructing a styrofoam layer cake for a lengthy Trig project [that we twins, Debbie, and Cuaderno have wonderfully conquered]. If I try to explain it to you, there's a high risk that your brain will implode, so let's just stick with saying that we simply "ran with whatever we could come up with."

It does look cool, though. Exactly like a real cake...

Now I'm finishing up an English essay, one that I'm positive will not be receiving great feedback. It quite literally goes nowhere and reaches no point, instead opting to run in circles and repeat the same thing a few times. Sort of makes me nauseous, but I've got nothing left. Nothing. I'm just glad it's almost the end of the school year.

Amazing, isn't it? I can write and write and write my little heart out on this thing, but present me with an unfinished novel or a literary critique and my mind has a detrimental seizure. Amazing.

As soon as I'm done with this--which may not be so soon, seeing as I'm deliberately procrastinating--I have physics to finish, and then I'm putting myself to bed. Kailey volunteered to drive tomorrow, so I technically don't have to "wake up" until we pull into the school parking lot. It's a great feeling. :]

And what will the weekend bring? No idea. Well, I'm working on Sunday, and going to a fundraiser for awhile on Saturday, but other than that I'm clueless. Hopefully there's a chance to sleep in waiting on the horizon...

Ah, sleep. Don't really remember what that feels like. Or how it feels to socialize, either.

Time with friends? What?

No comments: