"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Daughters Don't Give You Choices."

Thank you, Daymare [Cassie's padre/my co-padre] for so aptly stating the truth. Daughters really don't give their fathers choices, I believe. I mean, I don't boss my father around, but it's pretty common knowledge that a lot of girls know exactly how to melt their fathers...

Little girls are the best examples. I've met very few young girls who weren't bossy to some degree [I know I was definitely a boss], and with their dads it's another whole level. And shockingly enough, even the most "manly" and "tough" fathers cave when their daughters ask them for something.

I'm not entirely sure why this is. Perhaps it's because they see something of their wives in their daughters. Or maybe men just naturally have a soft spot for little girls; I've seen even boys my age talk kindly with small girls, and it damn near shocks me every time.

Or it could be the way "Daddy" slips out at just the right moments...

No comments: