"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Insert Foul Words Here [Sprinkled With Enthusiasm for the Good Stuff]

I still don't have my home computer back, and it's killing me. Being separated from this blog--as well as the Internet in general--is quite literally driving me mad. My grandparents are the most generous people in the world, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm blogging from their computer yet again.

It's not that I need to go on Facebook or Myspace or any of that crap. I don't even need to "surf the Web," or whatever that may entail. No, I just want to be able to remember what it feels like to actually communicate with people via email. Oh, and I'd like to be able to vent my frustrations and celebrate my exciting news on the blog, too.

Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, they'll get our computer back eventually. Whether or not they're able to salvage my important documents and music is still up in the air, though.

For now, summer is in full swing. I spend every waking moment with my sisters, and we've been successful so far in not getting into too much trouble. ;] Boys, of course, are an ongoing problem, but I seriously don't see that changing anytime soon.

My work schedule has not substantially increased in number of hours, so I'm pretty much broke.

Summer homework, I'm afraid to say, is just one of those far-off visions at this point. Will I finish everything? Definitely. Will I enjoy it? Most likely not.

Oh, and I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I almost cried at the end. Kudos, Picoult, for that, considering that it takes a lot to get me to cry like that.

And writing is a disaster. My laptop, full of once-begun stories just waiting to be told, sits locked in its case on my very untidy bedroom floor. Bad. Very bad.

Who knows? Maybe this means a flood of creativity is about to come my way. Or maybe I'm just slowing becoming more and more of an idiot.

Hmm. What's scary is that the latter sounds a little bit more accurate.

No comments: