"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm Doing Research on Researching Research

So my ideas about life after high school have changed so many times in the past few months that I don't exactly know what to think.

First I was absolutely sure that I wanted to go into physics. Theoretical physics, actually. Then I wanted engineering--first chemical, then mechanical.

And now I want to go into neuropsychology.

I can tell that this is frustrating for the people around me, because they certainly can't keep us with my constantly changing attitude. My mother just laments that she "had the kid who always knew what she wanted," and now I'm less sure than the majority of my friends.

Awful.

I think this time, though, I'm pretty sure. Maybe. Psychology has always interested me, long before I even took the class in high school. It seems natural, right? I'm always in other people's heads, always trying to understand the world around me... Short of majoring in philosophy, I'll be doing everything I can to continue that curiosity. Neuropsych seems like a good place for me.

I think. I hope. Argh.

No comments: