"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, May 12, 2007

In Reply

I was just asked if I'm crazy, and if I believe in magic.

No, I'm not. And no, I don't.

I'm no more crazy than your average teenager... Me being crazy is about the same as one of them acting normal.

And "magic" isn't real. I'm not some cracked-up Harry-Potter-loving lunatic. I do not believe in "magic," I believe in the power of the mind.

The mind is capable of turning life into something more than just the everyday monotony. The human mind is the magic I believe in. Without it, you're screwed. With it, you have all the power in the world.

So in my profile where it says "magic to always believe in," use your noggin. I'm not casting spells on people. I'm using my brain. I'm taking my daily experience in combination with my dreams and my best friends to create my own world, my own life.

And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: