"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, May 11, 2007

Island of Misfit... People

While we're on the topic of "crazy" [see previous post], I'd like to introduce to my blog world a friend of mine, someone that I've never met in person but visit almost every 24 hours.

His name is Jasper. He is about six feet tall, with dark brown hair that casually stands out in every direction and dark blue eyes that always seem to be hiding something. He dresses as if it's medieval times and often carries a bow and arrow. He never speaks in direct thoughts and often gives me riddles to solve to figure out his message. His home is on an island, an island more beautiful and terrifying than any on this planet.

His nickname is my "other half," and he is my twin. But only in my dreams.

Now you think I really am nuts. Before you reach for the phone to dial the psychiatric ward, hear me out.

For awhile now, I've been dreaming about the same island every single night. I go and visit, staying in the house there, wandering through the forests, watching the sun set on the ocean... You get it. But in the beginning, I was always alone, by myself on some big scary island.

And then Jasper found me.

He led me from the first danger I encountered on the island, a battle in the meadow. He kept me safe from every single demon or evil force that managed to survive on my island. Without him, I would have "died," left to perish in my dreams on the coast of an island that doesn't exist.

He never spoke at first, always disappearing. Now he talks. A lot. He speaks quickly and quietly, either in riddles or in rhymes to keep me thinking or regular conversation [if he feels like it]. He would not tell me his name, so I codenamed him Jasper, and he seemed to like it.

He calls me "Angel," short for "Guardian Angel." Long story. He calls himself my other half and makes fun of me for being short.

Tonight, if I go to the island, I'm going to ask about his real name. Again. It's been our topic of discussion for the past week... Maybe he'll crack today.

Oh, and the reason I know for sure that I'll ask? Because these dreams aren't regular dreams. I can remember everything from real life and all of the questions I have for him. And he knows everything about my real life--he'll want to hear all about the AP exam.

Yep. I just reread this. I've lost it. Goodnight :]

No comments: