"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Don't Think I Get It...I Think?

I'm...confused. Sounds usual, eh?

But I am. I think. I don't know for sure. Which, by definition, would mean that I'm confused.

Maybe?

Sort of.

Sure. We'll go with that.

I want it to be next semester. Actually, I want it to be next year, when I'll be somewhere else. Somewhere with people who want to be there and don't act like five-year-olds. I shouldn't have to go to school to put up with infants.

So ridiculous. So frustrating. Act your age, dammit. Grow up. Act like you care about your life. If you don't care about your future, why should I?

That's right--I shouldn't. Then why do I care so much?

2 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I wish I was gone from this school I'm in too. Everyone is acting, as you said, like five-year-olds. And when you actually care about what marks you get and if you pass or not, they insult you about it.

It sickens me. These people are going to be running the world with those of us who actually CARE. Sadly, it seems that those who don't care outnumber us that do.

At least it's only one more semester for you. Thats only a couple of months...

Emily said...

Unfortunately, in the real world it doesnt get much better. One of the PhDs that I work with threw a temper-tantrum (complete with stomping feet, flailing arms and pouting) because she didnt get her way!