"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, August 8, 2008

2018 Smiles and Tears

In 1998, my family and I were in Japan during the Winter Olympics. Kind of made me laugh today, sitting and watching the opening ceremony, to think that it's been ten years since I visited Nagano and Osaka and Kariazawa and Asakawa and all those other places...

Ten years from now, I'll be twenty-seven. Based on my current plans, I'll be finished with my doctorate in cognitive psychology and a traveler of lands I've only dreamt of. I'll have finished this book series that rules my life, and perhaps a few others, too.

Married? Eh, we'll see. Same for kids. You can't really plan that, obviously.

But if I had my way, I wouldn't be married at twenty-seven. Hopefully dating--at the very least--and looking forward to being married before I was thirty. And kids? Hmm... Well, maybe. ;]

Where will my sisters be? Pinks will be working her way through med school. Kailey will definitely have kids [25 or 26 by the time she's done, minimally]. Cassie will be "out in the business world" and making loads of money. Maddy will be happy, no matter where she is [probably off doing physics and playing, oh, ten or twenty instruments].

Funny story... Yesterday Pinks and I were at Cassie's for the night, just chilling and having a splendid time. We were also complaining for quite awhile about how everything sucks, including our own selves.

So now we're the Fups. As in F-ups [pronounced "fuhps," though, one syllable]. Tehehe. We mess it all up and still stay standing at the end. I'm going to make our story into a book. Seriously. I would so read a book if it contained the word "Fups" in the title...

Ah. I love my sisters. No matter what we do--"burn down the basement" with 10 tea candles and a whole box of matches, nibble on everything in Cassie's pantry, take 1,543,987,624 different roads just to get to 19 Mile [which is the mile road I live off of, mind you]--we do it without grace, with many laughs, and with the knowledge that nothing will ever, ever be this perfect.

No comments: