"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, October 7, 2007

We Have All Been Blind

It never ceases to amaze me how the people of the world do exactly what is unexpected of them. Yes, I can predict their actions if I watch them enough, but every now and then they do something exceedingly stupid and my jaw drops.

You aren't aware of the cheaters until you catch them in the other bed. You don't know the liars until you fall into their trap. You don't recognize the thieves until they've stolen all your money.

And you never see the traitors until their guns are aimed at your head.

Infidelity, deception, robbery, and treason. You think you're prepared for when it comes to call. Sorry, you're wrong. I'm wrong. We're all wrong.

You've disappointed me, world. Thanks for showing me the secret side of human nature, the side I never wished to see.

You don't need to live in the shadows to forget the sight of light, do you? No. Not in the least bit.

No comments: