"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Delete.

I leave for school in 20 minutes, so this will be fast [no idea why I'm up 20 minutes too early, but hey, that's how I roll].

I was going through my email inbox and I got this sudden urge to just delete. It felt so good, I can barely describe the elation. I finally got rid of every single email from those no-man's-land colleges that I'll never attend, the chain letters I'll never read, and the sad emails I should have deleted right after reading.

I'm finally putting certain things in the past. Old topics, old discussions--they're out. Time to bring in the new.

Of course, nobody ever emails me anymore [duh, we have school], so there probably won't be any new email... but that's okay. An empty inbox I don't mind.

Have a good day everyone. :]

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I actually let the mail pile up, higher and higher until my friends finally take things into their own hands. Then I start all over again :) Over 600 and counting!

I'm not that athletic, then I got fed up of my friends who were going on and on about this banquet everyone who does a sport gets to go to, and decided to try out Field Hockey. I'm good at floor hockey, why not Field hockey? (no one told me anything about all the rules!) and now I'm signing up for a bunch. Soccer (possibly) Archery, Badminton. My parents are definitely surprised.

~Ammietia