"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Creepy & Weird

Though that title is the most overused phrase amongst my group of friends [long story... Ah, Honors English 10!], there's no other way to describe how strange it is when my horoscope matches my day.

I don't really "believe" in all the horoscope nonsense. Anybody can predict how your day will go if they say it vaguely enough. But when the predictions go into specifics, and those specifics turn out to be entirely accurate, it's creepy. And weird.

Take today, for instance. I didn't read my horoscope until just now, and the things it discusses are amazingly close to way I've felt all day.

Read and pay close attention. I will explain as I go along:

Aries Forecast--October 2, 2007

If you need to boost your energy into high gear, just fake it until you make it. <--I definitely had no energy this morning, so I drank 3 cups of coffee to get myself hyped up. Weird.

You're in a good place to take care of old feelings that may be piling up inside. See if you can find someone to talk things over with -- or just write it all down somewhere private, which ought to work just fine. I've been thinking about "old feelings" all day, if that's not creepy enough. And I literally just thought about journaling.

Take a deep breath and spit it out -- whatever it may be. Someone needs to hear what's really going on inside you, so start talking or blogging until you've said your piece. You'll feel way better! Lol. Blogging. Irony.

You haven't thought about this particular love-gone-bad situation in a while, but today it's weighing heavily on you. Don't let baggage from the past affect your emotional growth. Write a letter, then burn it. Guess who I was thinking about less than an hour ago? That's right. Ex-boyfriend. I wouldn't call it "love," but it certainly went bad [for me, anyway]. I still carry the hurt from that relationship... and today I was thinking about ways to finally get over the whole thing. Writing a letter and burning it was definitely one of my options. Creepy.

The rest is just a reiteration of the same stuff. I read it all and sort of stopped breathing. Everything mentioned here--even the specifics from the second half I didn't post-- has been awkwardly accurate. It freaks me out a little.

I don't believe in fortune-telling, nor do I subscribe to belief in fate, entirely. But this is weird. Too weird. I would be more skeptical if I had read this before school and then thought of everything, but I read it after and I thought about all that stuff all day.

Creepy. And weird.

1 comment:

affirmedreality said...

hee hee... that's awesome! I wish my horoscope would do that to me... Sadly, i have no luck. And besides, it makes no sense how everyone born in will meet a long lost friend and then discover their feelings for each other on the same day. And what about the babies? What feelings? what long lost friends?

Hee hee... I'm in my rant mode...