"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Further Bulletins as Events Warrant

Lol. That's a quote from one of the Amber Brown books of my childhood. Spoken by her friend Brandi, a walking newsstand. No idea why I can still remember it. Moving on...

Double JJ Ranch was awesome, with Thena and her family. :) Best parts were the dunes--Jeep riding and very nice looking 4-wheelers [the boys, not the bikes]--and the waterpark [mmm lifeguards]. As for horseback riding, I've never felt so sore. That's a memory I'll carry with me for awhile.

Cedar Point two days ago? Yeah, it sucked. Poured the entire day and the only rides I got to go on were Magnum and Corkscrew. Not even good rides. Waited in line for the Maverick for THREE HOURS and we didn't even get to ride it. Grr.

But the biggest news of all? The biggest thing that's happened to me in past I-don't-know-how-many days?

A lady from a publishing company is reading my book. :D

Makes my heart shiver and my palms sweat. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, desperate for constructive criticism yet terrified of what she'll say. I'll post more on that some other time.

Sigh. Life moves so quickly. I've barely even touched my summer homework and July is almost over. But that's okay--nobody likes school anyway. Especially me. :)

Arty is [about to do another, more lengthy post, and] OUT.

No comments: