"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm wet. There's something wrong with that.

I have noticed that within the past several months, I've developed a drinking problem.

I saw your face when you read that, and I am laughing at you. I don't mean alcohol... I mean the actual act of raising a cup to your face and swallowing liquid.

This is becoming a real issue, so try not to laugh.

Sometimes I make it into my mouth, sometimes I don't. Most of the time I just spill my Gatorade down my face (or my swimsuit at practice) and feel really stupid because I totally just missed my mouth in front of a bunch of people. Humiliating, right? That's not even the worst part.

Every day in first hour, I eat a protein bar and drink from a water bottle. Correction: I attempt to drink from a water bottle. The very second I feel the seal break on the cap, it pours down the bottle edges, along the desk, and all over my pants. Yeah. Every single day.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I could blame it on the asthma steroids, they make me shaky... I could blame being tired, but still, tired people manage to get a water bottle to their face without spilling it... I suppose I really have no excuse. I'm just a klutz.

But even the klutziest (is that even a word???) people I know manage to quench their thirst without making a mess. It's really hindering me, making it difficult to get the fluids I need to get healthier (yes... I'm sick again lol). Don't laugh- I'm sure one day you'll completely miss your whole face in an attempt to take a drink and you won't find it so funny then.

Never mind. It's hilarious. Go ahead, laugh.

A final thought: Would coffee be a good idea?

Goodnight :)
~Abbs<3

No comments: