"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Thursday, October 12, 2006

ESTOY TOSIENDO!!! AHH!!!

I. HATE. COUGHING.

I thought I'd just put that out there for all to read. As I sit here, in this computer chair, I am hacking up a lung.

I do not want pity. I WANT AN ANSWER.

The question: Why am I sick?

I suppose a doctor will tell me it's because of bacteria or a virus or asfklgjsdh¿huh?lfgksdfgd etc.

A priest will tell me that God is trying to get me to slow down in life.

A teacher would hand me Purell and blame it on the janitors for not sanitizing the desks the day before.

A techy would launch into a speech about computer viruses and make lots of stupid puns and I'd walk away.

A Trekkie would blame something extraterrestrial and once again, I'd walk away.

The Rite Aid lady behind the counter will make a sad face, totally avoid my question, and recommend I buy another fifty bags of cough drops. "Try the expensive ones!"

A swim coach would blame it on the chlorine level and ask that I please not cough on my fellow swimmers (or drink from their Gatorade).

A D.I. coach would turn this one into an Instant Challenge and I'd get some really bizarre answers.

And finally, my favorite... My mom would tell me it's a virus, I need to slow down and rest more, Purell could help me avoid more viruses, it has nothing to do with computers or extraterrestrials, I don't need the really expensive Halls, the chlorine is not to blame but I shouldn't share Gatorade, and the answers I got at D.I. are way off. Then I'd get put to bed and I'd be able to sleep soundly, knowing that I finally understand why I'm sick.

I love you, Mom. I'm going to bed. :)

~Abby (*cough)

No comments: