"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Invasion

I feel cornered.

Have you ever felt that way? Like everyone around you has something to say and wants to be up in your face. Like that just want to tell you how to feel, how to think, how to function.

I know they care. But they're pushing me over the edge.

I need my space. My privacy. I know, that sounds a little strange coming from someone who's willing to put her words on the Internet, where literally anyone can access them and analyze her. But I don't care about anyone; I care about the someones. The people who know me and try to get into my head.

News flash: You can't get in. So just get out.

Ever feel like there are a thousand voices in your head? Like people just can't back off? Like they're stifling you, making you crazy, choking you...

Yes, that's where I'm at. Cornered like a crazy dog.

Ever feel like you just want to be alone? Alone with your own emotions, thoughts, and truths. Alone with the basic facts--that you're you, that they're them, and that the two will never be one.

That's what I feel. I want to be alone for awhile. It's not that I don't love them, or that they're not welcome in my life. It's that they're pissing me off.

I don't want to know that everyone cares. I already know who cares and who doesn't. I just want to be alone for awhile.

Just me. Abby. Without all the fluff and required caring. Please, just let me be.

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I know how you feel, it's what I'm feeling right now. It's insanity and I'm just wanting to stop it all.