"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Me Atrapa...

Lol sorry about the Spanish. I have an addiction to that language, I swear...

But I am seriously trapped in my house. Have been all weekend. Except for work, of course, which really doesn't count as escaping, considering that it's about as confining.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. And I love the people there. It's just that when you feel like crap and there's ten thousand customers screaming at you over stupid, stupid, stupid stuff, you kinda want to go home.

People are so rude! I can't believe how incredibly awful I've been treated by customers this weekend. Friday wasn't too horrible, only because we were slow because of the snow. But yesterday was absolutely terrible. Lines out the door. Hundreds of angry, frustrated shoppers, all hell-bent on taking their fury out on someone innocent.

Someone like me.

Between Pager Guy [see a couple of posts ago] and Green Tea Guy [someone who blew up at my friend Thing 1], we've had our share of idiots. Oh, and yesterday! Let me tell you about yesterday, oh my god...

There are people who think that Panera is Subway. Seriously. They can't read signs. They get themselves convinced that they can walk in and "create their own" sandwich. It's a god complex.

Well, when it takes us an extra second to try and figure out what the hell these people want, they get PISSED. Not angry. Not upset. Pissed. They yell and bicker and act like we're the illiterate ones.

So here's a warning to the world: Panera is not Subway. You CANNOT create your own sandwich. If you want to modify an existing sandwich, be my guest. I could do that all day. But don't you dare try to walk in all high and mighty and demand that we pluck a magic button out of thin air that tells the line workers exactly what you want.

Sorry. Rant for the day. So freaking frustrating, being yelled at for someone else's stupidity.

No comments: