"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Is it Seriously Christmas?

I had school today. Yes, school, as in a full day of education. On December twenty-third.

Today is my Christmas Eve with my father and stepmo. Tomorrow is my Christmas Day with them.

I'll be working from two until seven.

Then Christmas Eve with my mother, and then Christmas Day with her family. From there, it's all pretty cool. Christmas with my sisters on the twenty-sixth, my dad's family on the twenty-eighth, gnocchi and Wicked [again] on the twenty-ninth, work on the thirtieth, New Year's Eve on the thirty-first...

This week is going to fly. It doesn't even feel like Christmas. Not even a little bit. I don't know why...

Maybe because I've had no time to even think about the holiday. No Christmas music on the piano, no special decorating, nothing. I haven't had time to enjoy a single weekend since Thanksgiving.

But even if it doesn't feel like a holiday, I'm going to enjoy this reprieve from school. It's very needed, and very deserved...

So happy Christmas, kids. Celebrate with your family and love the time off while it lasts. :]

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

O___O I've been out since last Friday, the day of the big snow storm. Your school board doesn't work like mine I guess. We always get off the Friday before Christmas. The earliest time we get out is if Christmas is on a Saturday, then we are out on Christmas Eve.

The only reason Christmas this year still seems like Christmas to me is all the stress and slowly declining bank balance.

Merry Christmas Eve! Have a good Christmas!