"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October? It's Me, Again

Dear October,

I demand an explanation.

You weren't supposed to come around again, you dastardly bastard. Last year's confusion was enough, what with the rumors of your alleged disappearance and calendar-altering decisions. Did you really need to rub it in this time?

I don't need relationships with months like you, darn it. You're selfish and stupid and angry and sad, and I'm tired of you. November's much less obnoxious, and January and I had that little fling going on... See? I don't need you. I can find other months. Eleven other months, actually.

So go away. Please...?

Tell April she'd better behave next year, and make sure August knows he's supposed to arrive after July, not directly after June. There may have been a mix-up last time, and I don't think I can tolerate it again.

October, I loathe everything about you. You're a jerk of the very worst kind.

October... I think I hate you.

Yours annually,
Abby

1 comment:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

O_o What did October ever do to you?

Well, I don't like it very much either. Much too cold and much too long for me. And it brings in winter, which is my despised season. But I still think it is better than November XD.

But October is almost over, so you can celebrate soon enough. Happy Halloween (and with it, the end of October)