"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Please Don't Rip My Arms Off; I'd Like to Keep Them...

This will be brief, because I need to go to bed as soon as possible:

Every get the feeling that there are imaginary "people" [stressors, really] that are tugging on all of your limbs, threatening to tear you to bits? Yeah, that's kind of what I'm going through.

I did homework all weekend. Literally, all weekend. From 3 pm Friday until 10 pm Sunday. I got minimal breaks to attend a play on Friday, eat, and sleep, but other than that I was working my bum off.

How about that sensation that you're barely hanging on to the edges of a bottomless hole? Your hands are slipping on the crumbling dirt, and all the people have come to watch you fall...

I'm having a rough week. I just hope it goes up from here.

-Abbs is [muy cansada, y] out.

2 comments:

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I know how you feel. These past few weeks haven't been the greatest for me either. The curse of November extends into December this year (I hate November, can you tell?)

I hope things look up for the both of us. Maybe it will be a true-blue white Christmas (or if you don't celebrate Christmas, whatever you do celebrate, or just Holiday or December) after all.

Abby said...

Thank you for the encouragement. :] I hope your season gets better, too. I hope both of ours do.

Here's to a happy Christmas :]