"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Grant" Him a Life Sentence

If Stephen Grant doesn't get locked up with a life sentence, I will move to a different country.

He murdered his wife, dismembered her body, and hid the pieces at a local park. I've been to that park! I was on the beach right next to the location of his wife's body parts!

My parents' tax dollars are covering this guy's behind. Not only paying for his food, but also his medical bills [recovering from almost freezing to death, remember?], his lawyer, and his shelter.

He should have never been rescued from the freezing forest in the first place. What loss would he have been to society? Not much, I bet.

What a total sicko. Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick. If he only gets 10 years for dismembering, I will move [if I can...].

Even more terrifying is the fact that these deranged people live among us every single day, waiting for the moment to strike. Every day on the news I hear about another shooting in a mall, or a school, or a home... Each day there's more to learn about death in our world.

Answer me this: What's the point of living in the first place, if we're only going to die? And don't give me any crap about "happiness," either. If you don't exist, you don't know if you're happy or sad. You won't be anything at all. You're nonexistent.

Life has no purpose, I've come to see. It's worthless. If it can be stolen so quickly, so easily, then it must not be very valuable.

And yet I keep on living! I don't fear death in its entirety, but I do fear pain--a fear that keeps me firmly grounded in the reality that I must protect myself from any course of action that could be damaging to my well-being. But if my life is worthless, then am I worthless? Am I nothing more than nothing?

I am. We all are. It's not pessimism, it's the truth. Suck it up and keep on truckin', 'cause the world's not getting any better.

Not even a little bit.

No comments: