"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ha-shoe-cinations

I thought the world deserved an explanation for my colorful behavior today. For those of you who didn't see me, here's the breaking news.

I'm pink.

I managed to get all of the body paint off of my face (whew) but somehow or another it has embedded itself in the skin on my arms/neck/hands.

I am not sunburned, poisoned by radiation, having an allergic reaction, or making a statement. And you're not having a ha-shoe-cination, either [gotta love DI]. I am simply trapped in this pink skin until it washes away.

Which, of course, may take days. Or weeks. And in 3 days from now, I'll be re-applying that same paint, so there's no chance to be rid of my hue. I will be vibrant for a long, long time.

Why in three days, you ask? Well, it's simple. I'm in DI.

Regional Competition is this Saturday, at UHS. We perform our Central Challenge at 11:20 and our Instant Challenge is at 9:20. And then we have the entire afternoon to relax and have fun togeher.

We don't have much to worry about this year. With only 4 teams total in our challenge and level, we're guaranteed a spot to states [April 20-22nd]. I can't wait for that trip to Mt Pleasant--every year it's a new adventure. And that's an understatement.

So I'm a radiant, glowing pink. For awhile, anyway. But I don't care; it's all for the team. All for DI...

Abbs is [excited, and] OUT.

No comments: