"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Obsession?

Okay, so there's this book. It's called Twilight.

But my sister and I call it "The Bible," and we keep it by our bedsides.

I'm seriously obsessed. I read at least a line from it every night, or if I've finished it again, I'll pick up its sequel--New Moon. Both are equally perfect and enough to quench my addiction.

If I don't read it before I go to sleep, I don't sleep. Simple as that. I stay up all night, my mind wandering, my eyes wide open. I've read Twilight maybe 13 times, and New Moon about 7, just because I can't put them down.

Sure, I've read other books. But none of them compare. None of them are as addicting.

And I know why, too. It's because of the characters. I fell in love with all of the main characters the first time I read it, particularly Edward [face it, he's quite lovable]. He's a beautiful vampire, in love with a danger-magnet human girl.

Well, it's either the characters, or there's crack in the pages. I really hope it's the characters--I don't have time for illegal substances. Or any desire to engage in such activity.

But the obsession has gone so far that my sis and I have picked our character counterparts, based on their actions and "special gifts." I'm Jasper [he can change the emotions of those around him] and Bella, who is not only described to look a lot like me but also reads a lot and trips over everything. My sister is Edward--he reads other people's thoughts, something she does all too often--and Alice, who can see the future, another trait my sister demonstrates frequently.

It's scary. I am highly perceptive to the emotions of the those around me [a gift and a curse all in one] and I trip over things more than your average human. My sister reads minds, particularly mine, and dreams of things that happen later in life. It's really eerie, especially when it's completely silent and all of a sudden she and I will say the same exact sentence with identical inflection...

Of course, there's others who fit the other characters. Kailey is Esme because she's the motherly type and loves others. Two of our acquaintances fit the role of Rosalie, whose tenacity ends her in trouble most of the time. Bindito is Emmett, the big brother that neither my sister nor I have biologically. And we're still looking for a Carlisle.

Like I said, obsessed. I call her Eddie, and she calls me Jasp. But it makes us happy. And who knows? Maybe it'll do us some good one day, thinking like this, relating characters to real life. And the whole emotion-altering thing makes life a whole lot easier for me...

I suppose, though, that the addiction is bad. As I said, crack pages. Heavily embedded crack pages.

-Abbs is [reading Twilight again, and] out.

1 comment:

Honorary Cullen said...

yepp. you nailed that one right on the head. and the weird thing is i logged on to write a post about after nicole hurst and i have been discussing the wonderful mr. edward cullen himself all day long. yeah, once again we do the whole 'psychic-weird-connection-freaky' thing. it's too weird. really, it is. well, now im 'illing' because i think our little gift also enables me to catch a cold from you too. well, i love ya, jasp.


over & out- eddie <3