"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, September 9, 2006

Update

Considering that I'm back in school and the homework is piling up, it looks as if this blog will become a less frequented friend. I'll try my best to update, but you know how it goes...

So the swim team has been in 2 meets so far, and we're undefeated. We crushed one of our biggest rivals on Thursday and then beat 7 other teams in a relay meet on Friday (including that same rival). It was actually quite funny- a mistake on the scores sheet actually put them in first and us in second, but when our coach caught the mistake (after the meet) we were officially awarded first. The other team doesn't know about it yet though... This could be interesting.

Life is in full gear, and I'm doing fine.

Random thought of the day (among many unposted others): There is a mathematical conjecture entitled the Poincare Conjecture that states that you cannot take a donut shape and turn it into a sphere without ripping it. I find that interesting, and quite fun to think about. Try it.

Speaking of donuts- Dunkin' Donuts has amazed me. Maybe it's just my complete adoration of Starbucks coffee variations, but could anyone explain to me how this popular breakfast food chain can get away with their iced coffee? It's coffee with ice cubes in it. Please. It's called a blender. Even I know how to use one, and I'm culinarily (is that a word?) slow. Spare me these unending trials...

That's a Phantom of the Opera quote, by the way. "What a way to run a business! Spare me these unending trials."

Yep. I'm just typing nonsense. But hey, at least I'm not the bloke who's reading it right now...

Abby<3

No comments: