"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Hate's a bit strong of a word...

I was recently asked what exactly I have against MySpace, so I figured I'd clear things up a bit with an explanation.

I don't hate MySpace itself (as in the actual site and its affiliates); it's the frenzy that bothers me. People spend hours on these spaces, decorating them and writing their life stories and making hundreds of "friends," mostly people they don't even know. It just seems so... I don't know. Typical?

Everyone wants one to be like everyone else. Don't people want to be different anymore? Perhaps it's just my age, or my beliefs. But I feel that if I conformed and got myself a MySpace, I'd be just like every other teenager in this world.

People will tell me it's jealousy. I'm just jealous because I don't know how to make one or that I won't have as many "friends" as they do. Quite frankly, that's absurd. I do know how to make a MySpace (it's not that hard!) and I'd rather have two "friends" on MySpace than a bunch of people I don't even know trying to get into my Top 8. So jealousy isn't the cause of this feeling.

People will also tell me that I'm just being stubborn, purposely not getting a MySpace because I just want to be different to be difficult. I will admit to being stubborn, and also to wanting to be different (but not difficult). Those two factors probably have something to do with the fact that I don't like MySpace. But that's really nobody's business, don't you think? I've always been stubborn, and I've always wanted to not be like everyone else. So I didn't invent these traits because of MySpace.

So that's the explanation. I hope it cleared the air and didn't murder anyone's love for MySpace. I'd hate to get in the way of such an intimate, true relationship...

Abbs<3

No comments: