"She's in love, and the world gets blurry
She makes mistakes, and she's in no hurry to grow up
'Cause grownups, they don't understand her
Well it's a big, big world out there, but she's not scared...
She finds hope in the strangest places
She reads her books, and she knows the faces
Of everyone that ever said she's alone
She knows every word to the saddest songs
And she sings along, though her friends all tell her
That she can't sing...
She's eighteen, much too young
To know what a kiss like that would mean
But her lips, they were no stranger to the touch
And she likes it way too much."
--Mayday Parade, So Far Away

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hello, My Name is I HATE WALMART.

I apologize in advance if this post offends anyone [all you "Walmart is God" folk].

I severely, utterly, completely, without a doubt, to the highest degree, and with all of my heart, LOATHE Walmart.

I swear, it's like a breeding ground for stupid people. I'm not talking about "special" people (I'm not mean!), I'm talking about people who are not disabled in any way and yet can't figure out how to walk down a shopping aisle.

Honestly, how hard can it be to just SHOP?

They turn it into a claustrophic's personal hell. Compacted into five-foot-wide aisles with their ten kids (each) and a cart full of underpriced, worthless junk, I find it difficult to breathe. Or in most cases, I hold my breath because at least one person in that mess of people hasn't bathed in a week.

It's awful.

Some say that Walmart has "saved the struggling family." How? By providing you with what could possibly be the most stressful day you've had all year? By basically giving you your products and driving every other grocery store, clothing retailer, or drugstore out of business? They're not helping you, I promise. They're not helping anyone.

Sooner or later, their reign over the market will end. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

Or else I'll be renaming my Monopoly game "The Walmart." Rawr.

~Abby

1 comment:

The Angels wanna wear my [Red Shoes] said...

I hate Walmart too.
I bought a fish from there once. It ate everything in the tank. Stupid mutant fish.